For job seekers, writing a job application requires its own technique. Because competition in the world of work is very tight because we are not the only candidates.
Thus, this application letter is a reflection of us, so the contents also need to be made interesting so that the target company is also interested in contacting us.
Check out the following points on how to apply for a good job and what you need to know to increase your chances of getting a job.
1. Use PDF format for CV/Resume/Portfolio in this format because it will make it easier for the recruiting team to check.
Then the file will be more comfortable to view because the layout will not be messy.
2. Creating documents in one PDF file The HRD team will be happier if all recruitment requirements are in one PDF file for easy inspection. Combine your CV, portfolio and certificates.
3. Focus on the quality of CV content, use clearly visible fonts such as Serif for a formal look or Sans Serif for a more relaxed and creative impression. Record experience and achievements related to recruitment requirements.
4. Always the body of the email entering the text in the body of the email is important. Get in the habit of writing to whom your application was sent, where you got your job information from, explain why you are a good fit for the position, and include work experience.
5. Don’t be lazy to read and ask good questions. Still have questions for the position you are looking for? Be sure to read all the information in full, don’t forget to study and pay attention to the important points that have been announced.
However, if there are still unanswered questions, please contact the contact person properly and politely. Don’t forget to introduce yourself and ask questions clearly.
6. If you choose to apply for a job in the same field as your current position, then HRD will see it as a plus.
You can use your current or previous work experience, to improve your bargaining position. This way, recruiters can be sure that you are a candidate in the field you are applying for, and indeed have qualifications in that field.
What if you are a fresh graduate, and do not have work experience?
Don’t worry, you can create blogs and writings to serve as portfolios. The reason is, this will be a separate strength for you in the eyes of HRD.
Those are some tips for applying for a good job. Congratulations on applying for a job.
7. Use technical terms commonly used in your field. For example, you are applying for the position of Product Manager. So, you can include Scrum, or Agile in your cover letter or discuss it during a job interview.
If you are aiming for a position in the Digital Marketing division, make sure you describe the campaigns that you have implemented in your previous job, on each social media channel.
That way, recruiters can be sure that you really deserve a position at the company you are applying for.